Using the same multi-level model as in the last post, but with shooting data compiled since 2000-01 (the oldest year available in Basketball-Reference's PlayIndex+ tool), here are the rankings for current players (defined as having > 25 2-point FGA greater than 18 feet). The "10-YR %-ile" represents the percentile rank of that player among all 728 players since 2001 that had at least 25 long 2-pt FGA. (Astute readers will note that it's really an 11-YR %-ile, and hopefully forgive me for rounding to a nicer sounding number.)
The City Philosophy
Numbers don't lie. They lay in wait.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Usage Adjusted Rating, Further Explained on Regressing Point Differential on The "Four Factors" (Part 2)
- One More Projection Post: A Different Method on ezPM Player Ratings
- One More Projection Post: A Different Method on Ridge Regressed NBA Power Ratings with Homecourt Advantage
- Right idea, but the execution needs some work! | The City on The City's Advanced Stats Primer
- Bending Efficiency | Hickory-High on Visualization: The Outer Limits of the Usage-Efficiency Relationship